Latest VCF Program Statistics Show Significant Progress
While arguably slow to start, the VCF claims evaluation and compensation process has accelerated as administrators solidify their procedures and work out problems. The latest program data, released on July 3, 2014, shows impressive increases across all facets of the VCF claim process.
As of June 30, 2014, the VCF program has achieved the following benchmarks in the review and adjudication of claims and the award of VCF funds:
- VCF has received a total of 15,600 eligibility packets, 55.8 percent of which are complete and able to be reviewed.
- Of the complete eligibility packets received, VCF has made determinations on 81.3 percent. Only 1,624 remain to be decided.
- VCF has received 3,528 compensation packets from eligible claimants. Of these, 64.1 percent are complete and ready for review.
- Of the complete compensation packets, more than 50 percent have already been decided.
- Since March 31, 2014, VCF has rendered 643 compensation decisions, bringing its total to 1,145.
- These decisions have distributed more than $322.4 million in VCF funds, an average of $281,627 per claimant.
- The VCF has received a total of 60,758 registrations and interim registrations. This means that almost 45,000 have registered with the VCF but have not yet submitted eligibility packets.
It can be easy to assume that pursuing benefits from a massive government program such as the VCF may not be worth the hassle and delay, regardless of the severity of your injuries. In this case, however, the numbers bear out that the claims process is proceeding rapidly and the compensation awards are significant. If you have registered with the VCF but have not yet filed your eligibility application, or if you have started the process but feel you need help, the attorneys of Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson can guide you through the procedures and give you the best chance at receiving the compensation you deserve.